Fiber optic splitter is a passive optical device that can split or separate an incident light beam into two or more light beams.
Planar lightwave circuit (PLC) splitter is fabricated using silica optical waveguide technology. It features wide operating wavelength range, good channel-to-channel uniformity, high reliability and small size, and this pasiv spliter 1:8 is widely used in FTTX PON to realize optical signal power management.
– Suitable for multiple operating wavelengths (1260nm – 1650nm).
-Equal splitter ratios for all branches.
– Compact configuration; smaller size; small occupation space.
– Good stability across all ratios.
– High quality; low failure rate
– Complicated production process.
– Costlier than the FBT splitter in the smaller ratios.